Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gloria J Zucaro's "Journal Page 4"


Today I am posting my fourth journal page entry for Fall Fearless and Fly.  Here are the prompts for this challenge...

Headline Prompt:  Security:  What makes you feel safe and secure?  What rattles your sense of security?  Where do you go for comfort and refuge?

Color Prompt:  Cool colors (blues, greens, violets, etc.) 
Quote Prompt: You can't make a place for yourself in the sun if you keep taking refuge under the family tree.  Helen Keller

My page uses prompts one and two.  My security is rattled by fear of not having enough money.  I was married for many years, then divorced about 15 years ago.  As a  young girl of the 40's & 50's, I did not work when I got married, but was fortunate enough to be able to stay home and take care of my three children.  When I divorced I received a trust which was totally invested in the stock market.  Needless to say that comes with a great amount of insecurity and through the various recessions, has not grown at all, the principal being eaten into! What does money mean to me?  It means choices.  That has always been my life motto, freedom of choice.  

I try to remember that God has always taken care of me.  I feel closest to God when I am out in nature, represented by the leaf below.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the colors and first prompt. I completely understand as I was divorced when my oldest daughter was 1. I don't like to think about money as a source of my sense of security, but I have to. Thanks for joining FF&F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super artwork which clearly comes from your heart.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.