Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Lily Pond and "Abstract"

This week I finished the cold wax and oil painting that I photographed in two stages for last weeks post.  I added several areas of paint. I darkened the bottom in some areas and added lily pads, and shades of browns and yellow and blue in other areas.  I scratched through the layers to pull out weeds along three edges.  FINI!

My second painting was started over 4 sample pieces done in the workshop with Mark Russell.  I used up old wax and paint mixtures from my palette to add about 4 new layers to it.
I will let both dry completely before framing.

I am busy with Christmas decorating, shopping, cards and parties, like many of you, so I may not post for a couple of weeks.


 LILY POND


Step One




Steps 2-4



Recent Sunset from my back yard.


Colored lights, all gold & Silver ornaments--Tippy Top!!


Gold and Silver on dresser top

Enjoy a visit to Paint Party Friday hosted by Kristin and Eva and thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear any comments or questions--Gloria

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art and photos. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have to pick a favorite... it's the pond. That is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so nice to hear what people prefer. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Lily Pond is Lovely Gloria! Beautiful and soft!
    The last pic- dresser top deco- looks fab!
    Happy festivities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome paintings and lovely photos.
    Have a happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your lily pond!! Keep up the wonderful work and happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous landscape painting! I really love the beautiful reflections of the trees in the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cold wax and oil painting! Beautiful work, and your decorations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bella arte e belle foto con decorazioni meravigliose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely artwork! Especially the first one. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Lily Pond is awesome! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Lily Pond but abstract always pulls me. Great colors and wonderful movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole, I was thinking of the abstract as w work in progress.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful art and decorations. Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us love it! Enjoy the season!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your art work is really unique and I truly loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.