Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "After The Spree"

3.5" Square Original Ink Design on Watercolor Paper.  Colored with Luminarte Silks and Twinkling H20's.   Click on image to enlarge for more detail.
$4.00 with $1.50 S&H
May be purchased through The Daily Paintworks auction site.

This drawing/painting is a prompt challenge from Jennifer Mclean over at Just Add Water Silly, The Artist's Playroom.  Our prompt is the word "Juicy".  I thought of several things I might want to paint.  A juicy hamburger, a person eating a fresh and ripe peach, Juicy Fruit Gum... But I finally decided on using my "juicy" and sparkling new paints.  It is a combination of my imagination and tangles.  Let's call the lady "Josephine"!  She has just returned from a long day of shopping and is dreaming of all the beautiful things she saw.  Some affordable and some not.  There were diamonds and pearls, hats and purses and roses, and trips to palaces far and wide.  The money was flying in all directions, she was on a  juicy and sparkling spree!  
Definitions..

spree/sprē/

Noun:
  1. A spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind: "a shopping spree".
  2. A spell of unrestrained drinking....  (no drinking happening here except a small glass of juicy red wine at lunch with her girlfriend!)

Today I would definitely like you to visit Jenn's blog post Jenn's blog post about the wonderful new international art magazine called Featuring.  It is loaded with articles on journaling, altered books, Zentangling, Artist's studios and more.  If you pre-order your copy this month you may be chosen to win an inchie of space for your art on the back cover of the next issue.

This is also my entry for Paint Party Friday hosted by Kristen and Eva


33 comments:

  1. several people have mentioned using silks and twinks on this week's art, juicy definitely covers their sparkly goodness. I've got to get learning about my set. this zentangle is so creative, I love when tangles are also things. Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silks and H2Os!! It is so hard to photograph them so that people can see how truly amazing they really are. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. juicy new paints are very very juicy... nothing like opening the tube and playing with them... love the painting...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, and juicy color...so delightful!! Love it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I see those paints the more I want some, so sparkly. Love your juicy picture and the story is great. I love to shop.
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Your colors are so pretty! This is a great interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great piece so surreal and so much to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your fun piece. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Hard to believe the small scale of this with so much wonderful variety included in it!
    You are very versatile!

    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gloria!!! lovely piece with all of the line work!!!! well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! this is great, gloria, i love your description :) Josephine looks and sounds like one fun lady! love your picture - hard to believe it's 3 1/2 inches - you got so much into that small area!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your juicy colors give your painting zest and liveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magical..alive..full of vibrant essence...you have sparked my soul with this visual colorful realm of magic!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  14. A few others used their juicy paints as well and each and every one of you have done a spectacular job of making such distinctive art. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Juicy looking colours for sure Gloria. Particularly like the yellows. Josephine looks like she's enjoying her dreams too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors! Great job! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this IS juicy! lots of great detail and color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks so much for the featuring mention, I'm sure it'll make a difference gloria.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Josephine sounds my kinda gal Gloria ;D
    I actually had a little spree with my friend last Thursday (hehe)
    Great use of 'tangles and colour.
    Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. Have fun!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the juicy colors, tangles and glitter, sweet Spree! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful piece! I love the movement in it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool! I love the surreal world of Josephine. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the painting. After the spree made me drift off into dreamland thinking about what all I saw on my last window shopping adventure. Lovely! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. Silks and H2O's?? ... juicy paints?? ... I have NO idea what you folks are talking about ... I am sooooo out of the what's new with paints loop! Thx for sharing. I'm off to explore more about these paints. LOVE Jo's world - very nice! ... and find those Cypress Knees, you can create all sorts of things with them, bought my slices on ebay. Happy PPF all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so different from your flower paintings and your other tangles...I really like it. (This in no way implies that I don't like your other paintings! But that it's just as great.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. creative way of interpreting Juicy! Love the colors and the dreamy face of Josephine:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely love the crisp vibrant colors and the fine detailing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all the details in this!! Using such sparkling paints was a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great take on the "juicy" prompt! I need to look into this juicy sparkling paint - many have mentioned it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.